[LAD] a *simple* ring buffer, comments pls?

Olivier Guilyardi list at samalyse.com
Tue Jul 12 09:59:39 UTC 2011

On 07/12/2011 11:15 AM, Tim Blechmann wrote:
>>> using preempt_rt, the scheduling latency can be very low (like 10
>>> microseconds), if cpu frequency scaling is applied or smt/hyperthreading is
>>> enabled it can be as high as 250 microseconds (which is already quite
>>> significant, if one is using small signal vector sizes).
>> That's interesting. We're actually benchmarking scheduling latency at the
>> moment.
>
> btw, i have discussed this briefly in my master thesis, section 4.1 [1]. the
> effect of the scheduling latency can also be observed in the benchmarks given in
> section 5.

Wow, that's pretty exhaustive..

> and it would be great, if you can share your results, i'd be curious to see
> them!

I'll setup something when we're done. The tests can actually be found in:
http://code.google.com/p/andraudio/source/browse/experiments/scheduling

Beware though this is about non-RT. We're trying to see if running multiple
inter-connected audio clients is feasible on Android without adding latency.

--
  Olivier