[LAD] Synth/Sampler why the distinction?

James Morris jwm.art.net at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 02:26:58 UTC 2011

On 10 June 2011 02:52, Devin Anderson <devin at charityfinders.com> wrote:

> other plugins in an app like Ingen, allowing your sampler to be passed
> through as many filters, effects, etc. as there are plugins supported
> by whatever LV2 host is being used.

I've never figured out where to start with Ingen... My concept of a
modular synth was based on the old ms20+ms50, with some turtlebeach
wavefront software thrown in for good measure (which formed the basis
for  wav composer not toilet, and now petri-foo). I've never figured
out how to get from this to the strangeness that Ingen and AMS (and
you can include PD etc in this too) use. To me at least, it's all too
abstracted, a bit too stripped down and taken apart - or there could
just be something quite simple I'm missing - I haven't had the time to
investigate these complex things further.

James.