[LAD] Yoshimi Midi Learn: 1st testing release

louis cherel cherel.louis at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 00:17:12 UTC 2011

Hello everyone,

Every one knows Yoshimi, the fork of ZynAddSubFx.
One thing was lacking to yoshimi to be perfect: to be nearly fully
controlled by midi controls ( no OSC, sorry ).
ZynAddSubFx had possibilities to control a few parameters with
complicated NRPN, Yoshimi recently had ( in the test versions ) some
features too.
But now I'm proud to announce you the work of licnep ( not me, I'm just
a bug reporter ) who made the "midiLearn" function for yoshimi. It's not
stable for now because it's recent, and not full, but here are the
present features:

* Control System effects, Part Insert Effects
* Master/Part Volume, Pan, System Effect Sends
* Most of ADsynth parameters
* Add/Remove controller
* detect the channel and the number
* reset the knob ( its position )
I think it's a feature that's very useful and could help many
yoshimi/zyn users.

To use it, that's simple: connect your controller to yoshimi,
right-click on a blue knob ( yellow are ones which are not supported for
now ) and click "midi Learn" move your controller, it detects
automatically the controller.
To see and modify controllers, go to the Yoshimi> MIDI controllers menu.
To erase midi control of a knob, simply right click on it and click on
"remove midi control"

Here is the gitHub repository: https://github.com/licnep/yoshimi

To download and install it, follow the explications link ( gitHub ):
https://github.com/licnep/yoshimi/wiki/How-to

A light page to understand how to control others not implemented
controllers:
https://github.com/licnep/yoshimi/wiki/Source-code

Pages to follow the news of the project:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Yoshimi-midi-learn/224823617534934
Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/YoshimiMIDI

So if you're interrested, all bug requests are deeply recommended.

Cheers,
Louis CHEREL.