[LAD] Android Java stack

Jens M Andreasen jens.andreasen at comhem.se
Thu Jun 30 18:07:48 UTC 2011

Yes, but that page is about communication upstream to the host ... I
think the idea here is that most Androids are phones and by nature not
intended to work as your main device. But there are no midi devices in
existence that works like a host, unless you consider your main computer
a midi device (well, it could be - kind of - but impractical in this
context)

There are some other development going on though with "normal" USB
classes, notably USB_CLASS_SOUND, so in a not so distant future this may
be extended to javax.sound.midi also

/j