[LAD] New LV2 host implementation stack

David Robillard d at drobilla.net
Wed May 25 18:05:45 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-05-25 at 13:27 +0100, Harry Van Haaren wrote:
> Would you believe I read *all* the docs last night, with full
> intention of building an Lv2 host this morning using Slv2.
> Am I glad I checked me emails before starting a coding sprint! :D

The Lilv API is very similar.

> I'll be your "new-to-lv2" tester.. that might need some help once in a
> while :D
>
> So far I've built lilv, serd & sord, and got the test clients running.
> Ran into quite some issues with lv2.h, and the other extension
> headers. To avoid others running into the same difficulties, I've
> documented what I done to fix "missing headers" issue.
>
> The post may also be a good starting point for people looking to get
> their hands dirty in Lv2, but don't know where to start.
> The link:
> http://harryhaaren.blogspot.com/2011/05/lv2-new-host-lib-lilv-newbies-guid-to.html
>
> I'm open to additions, edits, criticisms etc!

lv2-c++-tools is completely unrelated and not a dependency of these
projects, you should remove that.  All of these projects are purely C.

The extension stuff is only required for lv2jack (a simple host that
comes with Lilv), for the record.

And... huh... I didn't know there was an event tarball with that broken
header in it.  Whoops.  I'll get on making new release tarballs of those
extensions.  (Note you could just install the LV2 SVN repository as well
and avoid all the kludging).

The Python bindings aren't really stable right now, and those scripts
won't work unless you configure lilv with --bindings.

Cheers,

-dr