[LAD] prototyping callback based architecture in python?

Iain Duncan iainduncanlists at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 17:02:46 UTC 2011

Thanks guys, it looked from what I could see on the port audio page that
only non-blocking was supported, but Gary said on the stk list that it
might be possible with the python wrappers in the rtaudio package. I
realize it's probably not going to be practical as a long term solution (
though I sure with it were possible )  but as I actually earn my living
coding python and am a total C++ amateur, it's probably worth saving some
frustration figuring out architecture in a python prototype. I'm ok with
high latency for now.

Kjetil, do you know if anyone has experimented with a real time memory
allocator for Python?

Thanks
Iain

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 6:37 AM, Kjetil Matheussen <k.s.matheussen at notam02.no