[LAD] prototyping callback based architecture in python?

Iain Duncan iainduncanlists at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 18:27:17 UTC 2011

For anyone interested, it turns out there is an alpha package in rtaudio
that wraps RTAudio's callback facility in python, added this year by one of
Gary Scavone's students, Antoine Lefebvre.  It's incomplete (doesn't yet
support all the rtaudio options) so it's hard to tell whether it's working
super well on my machine, but it compiles and runs and makes a sine wave
ok. It'll give me something to port with for now at any rate, and maybe I
can help complete it.

it's in rtaudio-4.0.10/contrib/python/pyrtaudio
iain