[LAD] prototyping (wrong) communication between python and rt threads?

Iain Duncan iainduncanlists at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 17:53:27 UTC 2011

Sounds like there are a number of options for me to look at and spend some
time getting the communication right, I'm wondering if anyone can give me a
suggestion on how I can start experimenting with object design *deferring*
the question of getting communication *right*, while I study options. I'd
like to come up with a well encapsulated API, wondered if anyone has ideas
for what would 'sort of work' for now while I'm writing experimental code,
but still be layered properly so that when it's time to examine the
threading and timing issues in detail I can. or maybe this isn't possible?

For example, what kind of queuing system would one suggest for just getting
started where occasional blocking is ok? Does anyone use boost queues or is
strictly a roll-your-own endeavor?

Is planning on sending messages with an osc protocal realistic as a
starting point?

thanks
iain