[LAD] audio architecture wiki/docs/e-book idea?

Iain Duncan iainduncanlists at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 18:18:07 UTC 2011

Hey everyone, especially those who have been helping me with me
architecture questions. I'm wondering whether some of you would be
interested in helping in a simple advisory/editorial capacity if I were to
try to write up a wiki or e-book of some kind on real time audio
architecture. It seems to me like there is a lot of knowledge here on it,
and not very many (if any) good starting points for such things. I've found
decent references on the dsp side of audio coding, but not seen anything on
'how to put together a real time audio app from a-z' kind of thing. I find
writing docs helps me clarify things in my head, I'd be interested in doing
some writing if I know that people who know what they are doing would be
interested in advising and correcting. I figured if I put it online it
might be a good source of publicity for your work and we could link back to
projects ( ardour, etc, )

It would take a while of course, but might also help people new to these
lists and give us all some thing to point at and say: there's a good write
up on that here ->

thoughts?
iain