[LAD] RAUL or other libraries for real this time? ;-)

David Robillard d at drobilla.net
Sat Nov 19 05:42:41 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-11-17 at 20:48 +0100, Tim Blechmann wrote:
> > Thanks Tim, I'll def check it out. What's the difference to a newbie like
> > myself between yours and the one in Jack?
> >
> > Congrats btw, that's awesome that your work will be in boost!
>
> the main difference is prbly that the jack ringbuffer is plain c and prbly
> needs libjack, while boost.lockfree is a c++ library and header-only.

If you happen to need a C ringbuffer in a program with no libjack
dependency, here is mine:

http://svn.drobilla.net/zix/trunk/zix/ring.h
http://svn.drobilla.net/zix/trunk/src/ring.c

(No, "zix" isn't a released library, I am doing the copy-paste code
reuse thing for now to avoid having yet another stable ABI to worry
about.  It might be some day.  There's a few other things in there that
might be useful...)

-dr