[LAD] "bleeding edge html5" has interesting Audio APIs

David Robillard d at drobilla.net
Mon Nov 21 19:18:21 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-11-21 at 18:59 +0000, james at jwm-art.net wrote:
> I'm no gamer but even I know games can be have been written in java. Minecraft springs to mind. A very interesting 3d block game.

The one famous for having almost artistically primitive graphics?
Funny, that :)

Don't get me wrong, I would *love* for there to be a safe[1], portable,
well-designed, widely-deployed language which were suitable for such
things, but unfortunately we're not there yet.

or: nobody ever got fired for going with C on Unix :)

or: I don't need a virtual machine, I have a real one, thanks

-dr

[1] Note Java is *not* a safe language.  In a safe language it is e.g.
*impossible* to crash because of a null pointer dereference.