[LAD] sliders/fans

hermann brummer- at web.de
Thu Nov 24 20:31:22 UTC 2011

Am Donnerstag, den 24.11.2011, 14:21 -0500 schrieb David Robillard:
> Middle click to "go here" is a convention from scroll bars dating back
> to the dawn of X11.  Using something easily done accidentally (and
> unknowingly) for learn doesn't seem like the best idea to me.
>
> That said, some laptops don't have middle buttons...

I think most modern apps use middle mouse button today for midi
connection. Laptops witch didn't have a middle mouse button often even
didn't have a midi in connection so there is nothing to loose.
And, for that case one can provide a midi table to choose connections
from.

A click to "go here", seems on the other hand like a bad Idea for me.

Most time you have a underling adjustment witch have a much wider range
then the screen counterpart (the controller) represent so that it is
impossible to click on a point and get the wonted value.

But overall, a agreement about the different use cases of controller
keys will be very fine and useful for the Linux Audio World.