[LAD] IR: Lv2 reverb (without the GUI..?)

Harry van Haaren harryhaaren at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 16:50:36 UTC 2011

Hey All,

I'm faced with a problem that I can't see an easy way around regarding the
use of the IR reverb plugin.

I'm running the GUI in a seperate *process*, and doing all lv2 communication
over OSC. For the most part this is easy,
the problem rears its head when one want's to use a plugin whose UI requires
"instance-access".

Basically, the IR plugin GUI needs access to the Lv2_Handle. But I can't
provide that due to the OSC communication.
So I've concidered "spoofing" a plugin on the UI side, and keeping it up to
date with what the "real" one is doing in the Engine.

Bit ugly, and if the UI has instance access, will it still call the normal
"port" events..? Because otherwise I'm lost with trying to
get at the UI data.

The other problem is that loading a "sample" into the IR convolution happens
in a pretty strange way: there's 3 Control Input ports, and together they
make up a 64bit file hash.
I understand the reasons behind this decision, and I'm not trying to
criticise the implementation, I'm just not sure how I can send a certain
file to these ports to make it work...

-Harry