[LAD] NSM - handling large files

David Robillard d at drobilla.net
Wed Apr 4 21:22:33 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-04-04 at 21:59 +0200, rosea.grammostola wrote:
[...]
>   I think it's essential to the discussion to get the cards on the
> table, so everybody can make up his own mind and decides which SM is the
> best solution for the Linuxaudio session puzzle. It would be nice if we
> could reach agreement on this, but it's a free world indeed. :)

With apologies in advance, here are my cards:

It would be nice if this list could stick to actual
developer/development problems.  I just spent quite some time catching
up on this thread, and almost nothing at all of value (i.e. something
towards solving the/a problem) has been contributed since last I
checked.  Mostly just a bunch of wannabe bureaucracy political noise,
which only obscures any actual technical points that might need fleshing
out (i.e. it's actively hurting, not helping).  I doubt I'm the only one
interested in the problem who's just given up on this thread because the
signal:noise ratio is ridiculous.

Take the politics to LAU or something.  The official resolution of the
User Committee on The Agreed-Upon Solution for LAD Session Management
will have zero impact on what developers actually implement, but
dragging the signal:noise ratio into the gutter might - though probably
not the impact you were hoping for.

-dr