[LAD] Lisalo 1.4 Release

Nils list at nilsgey.de
Wed Aug 1 23:17:14 UTC 2012

Lisalo - Linux Sampler Loader - is a command line program that loads entire directories of sample files, a single .sfz file or takes instructions from a meta .lsl file with relative paths to samples. Now you can quickly and easily load sampled instruments without even starting a GUI.

This is release 1.4, grab it here, no installation required
        git clone git://github.com/nilsgey/Lisalo.git

[New Features]
-Jack Autoconnect-Port for the stereo sum/mix channels can be given from the command line
-Can start Linuxsampler with a given server-address and port, which makes multiple instances possible
-Jack Midi In for autoconnection is a commandline parameter.

There is only so much you can implement into a tool that aims to be small by design.
This marks my "feature complete" milestone. Future releases will be bugfixes.

One example what you can do now:
I use it to load the Salamander Piano shortly after boot and connect it to my ALSA midi port (which is always on, no matter if the keyboard itself is switched on or not). I now have instant piano sound whenever I switch my keyboard on. It does not conflict with other lisalo or Linuxsampler sessions.

With this lovely one liner:

/usr/bin/lisalo /home/nils/samples/sfz/SalamanderGrandPianoV2_48khz24bit/SalamanderGrandPianoV2.sfz -m alsa_pcm:Hammerfall-DSP/midi_capture_1 -p 7777 -m Salamander > /dev/null

[Contact]
https://github.com/nilsgey/Lisalo
info at ...
irc.freenode.org #laborejo