[LAD] [LAU] RASP: Music Toolkit

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Wed Aug 15 23:22:57 UTC 2012

On 08/16/2012 01:08 AM, Robin Gareus wrote:
> I just tried 'rasp-2.5.py' and it does not make any sound (neither via
> ALSA nor JACK) -- probably a tkSnack on debian issue, though.

IOError: [..] cannot access /dev/sound/dsp

Debian ships  version of libsnack2 (used by tkSnack) with OSS backend,
because the ALSA backend of libsnack2 is apparently broken:

Well that explains the no-sound problem, then. OSS is not supported on
this system of mine. ..and some OSS wrappers show up as /dev/dsp - not
/dev/sound/dsp

Nevermind,
robin