[LAD] Trying to understand mixer in ALSA API

Alexandre alexduthil at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 12:39:23 UTC 2012

Hi

Kinda new to linux audio and still a bit new to dev generally and I'm
trying to understand the basis of linux audio.

By that, I mean the ALSA API :
I would like to use the PCM interface and the mixer interface to mix 2
sounds and understand the real meaning of a mixer used in the Audio
Architectures.
For now I understood that the mixer interface uses the High level control
interface (hcontrol), which uses basic kernel modules.

I was wondering if anyone had some docs or examples of a program that uses
the mixer interface ?

Thanks
--
Alex