[LAD] building the new Guitarix LV2 Amp

David Robillard d at drobilla.net
Wed Dec 12 00:02:25 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-12-11 at 19:29 +0100, hermann meyer wrote:
> It isn't a problem to do that in a 32bit environment, but however
[...]

IIRC the rule is something like "works on most UNIX with the GNU
toolchain on 32-bit Intel architectures".  But even then, only if it's
built as PIC.

You're better off just not doing it, and a 32-bit assumption stopped
being reasonable long ago anyway, it's been nearly a decade since
commodity 64-bit desktop hardware hit the market...

I only vaguely recall the above rule since I haven't had a 32-bit
userspace for about that long :)

Cheers,

-dr