[LAD] warning: seedy journal possibly targetting LAC authors

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Fri Dec 21 09:51:49 UTC 2012

hi everybody!

i just received a personalized spam mail from a very seedy publishing
company which apparently has harvested the linux audio conference
backlogs. so here's a friendly warning since this might happen to others
who have contributed to LACs in the past.

this company doesn't check out at all as a relevant publisher, and a
number of people have reported that their business model is to bait and
hook scholars desperate for publications and then milking them for
publication fees. they will also ask for a transfer of copyright.

needless to say, david publishing's journals are practically unheard of
in the world of serious research, and being in one is very likely to
hinder a career rather than foster it.

meanwhile, a happy holiday season and may santa bring good publishing
opportunities to all scholars who have been well-behaved during the year!

jörn