[LAD] DrMr: a new lv2 sampler/drum machine plugin

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 13:23:04 UTC 2012

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 2:21 PM, Albert Graef wrote:

>> Other than that, do you have plans adding UI for basic management of
>> drumkits so that users would be able to add/remove instruments and
>> save drumkits?
>
> You can easily do that in Hydrogen itself, so why bother?

Yeah, right. All I have to do is to launch Hydrogen and start doing
things with it. And since I have it running anyway, why not simply
route MIDI from Ardour to Hydrogen and make it play sounds? So why
bother inventing DrMr? :)

So here is a question. Let's say, you are working on a song and you
want to simply add a new percussion instrument, because you feel like
it would be a great idea. Do you seriously want to start a whole
separate application to do a very basic thing? In the middle of
creative process? Really? :)

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org