[LAD] DrMr: a new lv2 sampler/drum machine plugin

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 14:02:58 UTC 2012

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 5:49 PM, Nick Lanham wrote:
> Firstly, yes, at some point I would like to have kit editing/creation
> available from the GUI.  This is non-trivial however, and a bit down the
> road.
>
> To your second point, I agree that it's non-optimal to have to fire up
> hydrogen to make minor changes to kits and the like.  However, I still think
> DrMr improves the situation, as it sits nicely in your host, saves all your
> parameters, and doesn't require any external routing.  Of course if you're
> fine with setting up all the external routing and kit loading etc, you
> should just avoid DrMr all together, hydrogen is more fully featured and
> almost certainly more stable anyway, but the whole point of me writing DrMr
> was that I got sick of having to set up both my host and hydrogen for every
> track i wanted to open.

Nooooooo, I actually quite like the idea of being able to JFD drums
programming directly in a DAW :) The UI could do with quite a bit of
love (it's really OK for an initial release), but DrMr is already a
huge win for me.

> But yes, kit customization is in the pipeline, although behind getting the
> core solid and stable.

What are the top priorities for you right now?

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org