[LAD] Tutorial for programming with JACK

Kris Calabio kriscalabio at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 14:17:46 UTC 2012

Thanks for the advice!  I sent a similar e-mail to this list two years ago
then got distracted with school, work, etc.  I've since found the time and
motivation to get back into it.

I am indeed a software developer, but still a novice in many ways.  My only
experience in audio programming was making a synthesizer in PureData, but I
want to be more fluent in C/C++ programming so I can work on making JACK
clients.

Which leads me to my next question:  are most JACK applications written in
C/C++?  I understand that programming as close to the hardware as possible
is important for performance, but what about programming in a JVM language
(I have Clojure in mind)?  How reasonable is that?

-Kris