[LAD] [OT] Statistics about usage of GUI toolkits

Ralf Madorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Jan 6 23:54:35 UTC 2012

Since I'm a noob too, this is how I once tested programming for Linux.

What are well known tool kits and what are less known tool kits? The
statistic already is in your mind.
What programming language is preferred?
For what usage is the tool kit needed?
Are licences important? (Wasn't important for me)
How easy seem to be first steps, when reading examples? (Was important
for me)
Is eye candy important?

You might search for something like FLTK.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_von_GUI-Bibliotheken
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/FLTK

Regarding to Linux you might google for "APP_NAME dependencies", assumed
the app's name doesn't start with a Q ;).

- Ralf

PS: Yes, I never programmed for Linux.