[LAD] FYI: RT-enabled kernel in Debian

Adrian Knoth adi at drcomp.erfurt.thur.de
Mon Jan 30 11:18:50 UTC 2012

Hi!

Since I always roll my own kernels, I never bothered to check, but there
is indeed an RT patched kernel in Debian:

   http://packages.debian.org/sid/linux-image-rt-amd64

Might be useful to some of you.

Cheers

----- Forwarded message from Ben Hutchings <ben at decadent.org.uk> -----

Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 18:22:05 +0000
From: Ben Hutchings <ben at decadent.org.uk>
To: debian-devel-announce at lists.debian.org
Cc: debian-kernel at lists.debian.org
Subject: Linux 3.2 in wheezy

Debian 7.0 'wheezy' will include Linux 3.2.  This is currently in
unstable and will soon enter testing.

The kernel team is open to backporting some features from later kernel
versions, particularly to support newer hardware.

Featuresets

The only featureset provided will be 'rt' (realtime), currently built
for amd64 only.  If there is interest in realtime support for other
architectures, we may be able to add that.

[..]

----- End forwarded message -----

--
mail: adi at thur.de  	http://adi.thur.de	PGP/GPG: key via keyserver