[LAD] rt-kernel and nvidia graphic card

Dominique Michel dominique.michel at vtxnet.ch
Mon Jan 30 16:40:57 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have an asus amd64 PC with a nvidia GeForce 8800 GT graphic card. This
PC is working fine with the gentoo-kernel and the nvidia proprietary
kernel module.

I want to experiment with the rt-kernel. It is 3 modules for the
nvidia card.

- The nvidia proprietary module, I guess that this is not necessarily a
  good choice because it will not be patched for use with the rt-kernel.
  But I am not sure.

- The 2 others are with the kernel, nv and nouveau.

Which module will be best to use with the rt-kernel?

Ciao,
Dominique

--
"We have the heroes we deserve."