[LAD] HDSP 9652 and Behringer ADA8000

Adrian Knoth adi at drcomp.erfurt.thur.de
Wed Mar 28 21:25:58 UTC 2012

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 09:03:24PM +0000, Fons Adriaensen wrote:

[ADA-8000]
> other in 6U rack - just 1U space at the top and bottom.
> Three of them were fried. You only know when the damage
> is done.

I've just replaced a broken capacitor in an ADA-8000's power supply
yesterday.

No idea if there's more to break, though. ;) Do you happen to know the
symptoms in your case?

Anyway, channel 5 here always had some serious hum at -60dBFS, so I
guess I have to open it again. Yet another story why the ADA-8000
gained a reputation for poor reliability.

Cheers

--
mail: adi at thur.de  	http://adi.thur.de	PGP/GPG: key via keyserver