[LAD] HDSP 9652 and Behringer ADA8000

Giso Grimm gg3137 at vegri.net
Wed Mar 28 21:42:03 UTC 2012

On 03/28/2012 11:25 PM, Adrian Knoth wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 09:03:24PM +0000, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
>
> [ADA-8000]
>> other in 6U rack - just 1U space at the top and bottom.
>> Three of them were fried. You only know when the damage
>> is done.
>
> I've just replaced a broken capacitor in an ADA-8000's power supply
> yesterday.

the same happend here once.

another one has problems with the phantom power, it is sometimes
(unpredictably) disappearing on some channels, making it unusable for
recording. Gains tend to drift and are hard to adjust. A third one has a
low frequency noise on one channel. The fourth one is fine right now,
although the delay is slightly different to the other three ones (about
0.5ms difference)...

Until now I had no problems with the outputs of the ADA8000.

Recently I made a recording (lute & singing), partly with ADA8000,
partly with RME Micstasy, both with the same Neumann mics, and I could
barely hear the difference...

Giso