[LAD] [ANN] Radium V1.9.1

Kjetil Matheussen k.s.matheussen at notam02.no
Sun Nov 11 19:08:18 UTC 2012

On 11.11.2012 19:57, Florian Paul Schmidt wrote:
> On 11/11/2012 07:31 PM, Kjetil Matheussen wrote:
>>>
>>> http://files.renoise.com/demo/Renoise_2_8_1_Demo_x86_64.tar.bz2
>>>
>>> in the Kicks folder..
>>>
>> These samples are included in the renoise demo download..
>>
>> Thank you. I can reproduce that. But it's only happen for certain
>> samples,
>> and it doesn't matter how many you have already played before. Try
>> to open
>> Kick06.flac directly, and it will freeze. As far as I can see, it's
>> either something wrong with Kick06.flac, or something wrong with
>> libsndfile,
>> or I've misunderstood how libsndfile works.
>> sf_readf_float returns 0 before the file is fully read, which it
>> should not.
>> I've cc-ed Erik de Castro Lopo. Hopefully he can shed some light on
>> this.
>>
>> It's simple to workaround this though. I'll push a new version now.
>
> OK, cool. Thanks :D Another tiny issue: It seems to me that the
> sample auditioning seems to play the sample twice the first time one
> clicks it. The second time one clicks it it gets played only once..
> Maybe it's just the first buffer of it repeated. I use a large period
> size in jack and maybe that's why it's audible (2048 frames).
>
> To reproduce:
>
> Create a new sample player
> Navigate to some folder containing .wavs with a sharp attach (to make
> it audible)
> Single click a sample (attack gets played twice - a slight "stutter"
> is audible)
> Single click the same sample again (it plays fine now)

Good catch! I hadn't noticed that before. Will fix, hopefully.

> Flo
>
> P.S.: Another question: Is there a way to loop a pattern?

You mean, for instance, loop between line 10 and 20? No, there isn't.
Do you need it as part of a song (for instance, look an area 5 times),
or just as a way to conveniently listen to a specific part of a block
(pattern)?

If the latter, you can mark the playing start line by pressing Left
Meta + B.
Then you can press Left Meta + Space to start playing from that line.