[LAD] [LAU] Linux Audio 2012: Is Linux Audio moving forward?

Adrian Knoth adi at drcomp.erfurt.thur.de
Wed Oct 17 15:58:33 UTC 2012

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 05:07:20PM +0200, Uwaysi Bin Kareem wrote:

> http://paradoxuncreated.com/Blog/wordpress/?p=2268

The site mentions:

--- quote ---
>   sudo schedtool -p 98 -n -20 -F `pgrep X`
--- end quote ---

Setting the X-server to FIFO/98 is just plain wrong, at least on an
audio mailing list.

And then:

--- quotes ---
> To go with this I also recommend, using the Ubuntu 2d desktop, as it has
> low-jitter. Also the chromium-browser has low-jitter (better youtube).
--- end quotes ---

I have no idea what you're trying to prove here, but I'm pretty sure you
have a general misunderstanding of jitter, thread wake-up latencies and
proper scheduling priorities.

--
mail: adi at thur.de  	http://adi.thur.de	PGP/GPG: key via keyserver