[LAD] [OT] Real-time threads on openSuSE 11.4

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Sat Oct 20 21:56:40 UTC 2012

On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 07:44:07PM +0200, Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:

> god's way of telling them oS 11.4 has just been deprecated and will
> not receive further mainline support? :)

I'm trying to make them use something else (and a lot of other things),
but it's like trying to move the Alps.

> i'm not sure 11.4 had cgroups enabled already, but if so, then robin
> is probably right on the mark.

He was. They discovered that disabling AUTOGROUPS allowed them to
run the app. Which probably means that those automatically created
cgroups were not set up correctly. I have AUTOGROUPS enabled and
have been running the same app *as a normal user* for the last two
months.

Ciao,

--
FA