[LAD] Kontakt sampler format (and others like EXS24)

Florian Schirmer florian.schirmer at native-instruments.de
Sat Sep 1 21:44:38 UTC 2012

Hi Harry,

i'm curious, what exactly would be the linux version of Kontakt? Kontakt VST for Linux? Standalone? DSSI? LV2?

What is necessary to cover 95% of the users?

Thanks,
    Florian

On 31.08.2012, at 15:43, Harry van Haaren <harryhaaren at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 1:03 PM, Nils <list at nilsgey.de> wrote:
> The direct and naive solution would be a reversed engineered kontakt sample engine, yes.
> Very naive.
>
> The community could approach NI and ask if they're intrested in supporting a Linux version of Kontact? I volunteer to write the email, and if they laugh then what harm done...
>
> Opinions?

Florian Schirmer
Vice President of Engineering

Tel +49-30-611035-1825
Fax +49-30-611035-2825
florian.schirmer at native-instruments.de

NATIVE INSTRUMENTS GmbH
Schlesische Str. 29-30
10997 Berlin, Germany
http://www.native-instruments.com

***

KOMPLETE 8 ULTIMATE - the premium NI producer collection
=>  http://www.native-instruments.com/komplete8

TRAKTOR KONTROL S2 - the professional 2.1 DJ system
=>  http://www.native-instruments.com/s2

->>>>>> NATIVE INSTRUMENTS - The Future of Sound <<<<<<-

Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg
Registernummer: HRB 72458
UST.-ID.-Nr. DE 20 374 7747

Geschäftsführung: Daniel Haver (CEO), Mate Galic