[LAD] build troubles with gtklick

Dominique Michel dominique.michel at vtxnet.ch
Mon Apr 8 00:39:44 UTC 2013

Le Mon, 08 Apr 2013 01:16:37 +0200,
Jörn Nettingsmeier <nettings at stackingdwarves.net> a écrit :

> hi dominic!
>

> first of all, thanks for sharing your tools - klick has saved the day
> by adding a much-needed jack-transport aware metronome to a
> sooperlooper setup.
>
> now i'm a lazy bastard and want to use gtklick, but even though it
> compiles and installs fine, it barfs when i start is, like so:
>
> nettings at kleineronkel:/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gtklick>
> gtklick Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "/usr/bin/gtklick", line 14, in <module>
>      from gtklick.gtklick import GTKlick
>    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gtklick/gtklick.py", line
> 30, in <module>
>      import klick_backend
>    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gtklick/klick_backend.py",
> line 12, in <module>
>      import liblo
> ImportError: /usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/liblo.so: undefined
> symbol: lo_address_new_with_proto
>

> i have tried both liblo-0.26 and current liblo svn, no luck.
>
> now the python paths in this openSUSE tumbleweed install are a
> horrible mess, with three different python versions and libs
> in /usr/lib, /usr/lib64, and /usr/local/lib64. but they all seem to
> be found, and i made sure that the liblo.so mentioned in the error
> message is actually the one from your pyliblo package (by copying it
> manually). i removed the build directory of pyliblo for each try, and
> also recreated liblo.c via cython.
>
> how do i proceed to fix this?

python is a mess in itself because we have python 2 and 3, and the
shebang of many python programs is set as #!/usr/bin/python, which
doesn't tell the system which version to use.
You have to adjust the shebangs so that the scripts will use the
correct version. Something like

#!/usr/bin/python2.7

Dominique

--