[LAD] So what do you think sucks about Linux audio ?

Albert Graef Dr.Graef at t-online.de
Tue Feb 5 22:37:20 UTC 2013

On 02/05/2013 03:58 PM, Dave Phillips wrote:
> Poor support for certain modes of composition (think Ableton Live).

Bitwig will hopefully soon provide that (proprietary software, though).
What sucks is that it won't support LV2 when it comes out, but at least
it's planned.

Concerning LV2 and the lack of plugins: That's certainly a sore point.
LV2 isn't overly complicated for what it does, it's just that the
documentation sucks. So David, when are you going to write that book
(http://drobilla.net/2012/11/29/writing-an-lv2-book/)? We need it
quickly. ;-)

What I also need is something like SynthEdit, but I think that Ingen
will soon fill that role, when it becomes stable enough so that I can
use it in my courses.

Talking about experimental and unstable software: Yeah, that sucks, but
the flip side of the coin is that life with Linux audio never gets
boring. :)

Albert

--
Dr. Albert Gr"af
Dept. of Music-Informatics, University of Mainz, Germany
Email:  Dr.Graef at t-online.de, ag at muwiinfa.geschichte.uni-mainz.de
WWW:    http://www.musikinformatik.uni-mainz.de/ag