[LAD] making sense of Jack MIDI; or, is this an appropriate use for Jack?

Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas pedro.lopez.cabanillas at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 11:03:43 UTC 2013

On Saturday 16 February 2013 10:31:42 Frank Kober wrote:
> If you don't like
> it noone obliges you to use jack or Qt or ALSA ;) and it's good that way
> no?

So long as unfair propaganda like this exists, I will continue with my
counter-propaganda:
http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/faq/start#qwhat_is_the_difference_between_jack-
midi_and_alsa-midi

> Neither of the two MIDI APIs has evolved much in the last years, and I think
> that is the only thing to admit here

That would be a matter for a different thread. Maybe we could rename the
subject to something like: "So what do you think sucks about Linux audio ?"

Regards,
Pedro