[LAD] making sense of Jack MIDI; or, is this an appropriate use for Jack?

Frank Kober goemusic at yahoo.fr
Sat Feb 16 10:31:42 UTC 2013

>________________________________
> De : Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas <pedro.lopez.cabanillas at gmail.com>
>À : M Donalies <ingeniousnebbish at cox.net>
>Cc : linux-audio-dev at lists.linuxaudio.org
>Envoyé le : Samedi 16 février 2013 11h02
>Objet : Re: [LAD] making sense of Jack MIDI; or, is this an appropriate use for Jack?
>

>On Friday 15 February 2013 18:41:11 M Donalies wrote:
>> I suppose I've been spoiled by the Qt documentation.
>
>He and his followers don't profess great respect for Qt. The arrogance of youth, I guess.

Frankly I don't understand why you guys always take the occasion of such threads (that are purely technically motivated by someone asking for advice) to digg out your old disputes. Why can't you just accept that any concept that came up here has their pros and cons? I didn't see any dictator-like behavior in any of the previous arguments. If you don't like it noone obliges you to use jack or Qt or ALSA ;) and it's good that way no?

Neither of the two MIDI APIs has evolved much in the last years, and I think that is the only thing to admit here

Best
Frank