[LAD] python, gtk, gstreamer

drew Roberts zotz at 100jamz.com
Wed Feb 27 21:14:33 UTC 2013

Ignorant here. Trying to scrounge around and make something work for a demo
purpose.

In python I am trying to build this pipeline:

    pipeline_txt = (
            'jackaudiosrc ! '
            'level name=level interval=1000000000 !'
            'jackaudiosink')

    pipeline = gst.parse_launch(pipeline_txt)

I have been trying that a number of ways.

So, I basically watch the bus for level info.

In a subroutine, I can print the peak info to the terminal.

I can't seem to figure out how to pass this info back to the rest of the
program so that I can hook it up to a graphical meter.

Cna anyone point me to some simple code doing something like this? Give me
some clues that might help someone who seems to be being very dense for days
now?

all the best,

drew