[LAD] python, gtk, gstreamer

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Wed Feb 27 23:51:34 UTC 2013

On Thu, February 28, 2013 8:14 am, drew Roberts wrote:
> Ignorant here. Trying to scrounge around and make something work for a
> demo
> purpose.
>
> In python I am trying to build this pipeline:
>
>     pipeline_txt = (
>             'jackaudiosrc ! '
>             'level name=level interval=1000000000 !'
>             'jackaudiosink')
>
>     pipeline = gst.parse_launch(pipeline_txt)
>
> I have been trying that a number of ways.
>
> So, I basically watch the bus for level info.
>
> In a subroutine, I can print the peak info to the terminal.
>
> I can't seem to figure out how to pass this info back to the rest of the
> program so that I can hook it up to a graphical meter.

Add a call to the callback for the meter to set the meter value from the
subroutine?

> Cna anyone point me to some simple code doing something like this? Give me
> some clues that might help someone who seems to be being very dense for
> days
> now?

Sounds like you just need to connect the meter to the subroutine but it's
a bit had to say without a bit more code to demonstrate how you are
setting up the meter.

A few questions...

Is the meter a class of it's own or just a widget in a draw routine?

Do you have a "set_meter_value" type of function or are you just calling
directly to the meter widget's value?

What UI toolkit is the meter using?

--
Patrick Shirkey