[LAD] Floss alternative to red5

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Thu Feb 28 02:19:43 UTC 2013

On Thu, February 28, 2013 10:22 am, Jonathan Woithe wrote:
>> On 02/26/2013 11:40 PM, APO33 wrote:
>> > The idea is that the final user will stream his sound and video with
>> his
>> > browser and everyone could see/hear him and do the same via their
>> browser.
>>
>> Did you already take a look at the possibilities of WebRTC?
>> http://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/webrtc/basics/
>
> There was also a presentation by Silvia Pfeiffer at linux.conf.au about
> the
> use of WebRTC to do non-centralised video conferencing.  It was at 10:40
> in
> MCC3 on Wednesday if you are looking at the program at
>
>   http://lca2013.linux.org.au/programme/schedule
>
> At some point the videos and slides will be linked to this, but in the
> meantime the abstract can be found here:
>
>   http://lca2013.linux.org.au/schedule/30040/view_talk?day=None
>
> The video is currently available at
>
>   http://mirror.linux.org.au/linux.conf.au/2013/ogv/Code_up_your_own_video_conference_in_HTML5.ogv
>
> or other formats (webm, mp4) at
>
>   http://mirror.linux.org.au/linux.conf.au/2013/

In case you would like to also have some 3d functionality I just came
across this example for using webrtc with threejs*

http://stemkoski.github.com/Three.js/

See the webcamtest and webcam texture examples.

*https://github.com/mrdoob/three.js/wiki

Has some interesting possibilites for browser based 3d multimedia. 3js
will also load exported blender models for rapid game development.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd