[LAD] Announcing PHASEX-0.14.96

Johannes Kroll jkroll at lavabit.com
Thu Jan 17 11:36:17 UTC 2013

On Thu, 17 Jan 2013 12:10:20 +0100
Johannes Kroll <jkroll at lavabit.com> wrote:

> But I'm pretty sure that syncing Phasex to an external MIDI clock
> worked before, now it doesn't. I'm sending MIDI Clock from Renoise to
> Phasex. I checked that the ports are connected and the clock is sent
> with qjackctl & aseqdump. Is it possible that some change between 0.96
> and 0.97 created a problem with the MIDI Clock?

By "problem" I mean that I remember the BPM value being updated by the
MIDI Clock, now it isn't.
I don't know if it's related, but the "Lock parameter (manual
adjustment only)" checkbox in the "Map MIDI Controller" window of the
BPM Pot is always checked after phasex startup. I tried turning it off,
then saving a session. After reloading the session, the "Lock
parameter" field has always the same value as before, it's apparently
not affected by session loading. But it is affected by "Load MIDI map".

Turning "Lock parameter" off however doesn't cause the BPM to be
changed by the MIDI clock, so now I think I might have imagined it was
doing that in 0.14.96... :-]