[LAD] [ANN] Qtractor 0.5.9 - The Juliet Quebec release
Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc at rncbc.org
Thu Jun 6 16:27:20 UTC 2013
As an anticipated summer delight...
Qtractor 0.5.9 (juliet quebec) is now released!
* NSM support (NEW)
* Audio buses plugin state restoration (FIX)
* MIDI channel file merge/export (FIX)
* MIDI editor rescale mode (NEW)
* German translation (NEW)
- source tarball:
- source package (openSUSE 12.3):
- binary packages (openSUSE 12.3):
- quick start guide & user manual:
Weblog (upstream support):
Qtractor is free, open-source software, distributed under the terms
of the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2 or later.
- Auto-incremental version numbering of backup session files; brand new
versioning mode option added.
- Fixed one long as ever MIDI file export bug, which was about washing
all self-induced MIDI bank-select (CC#0, CC#32) and program-change (PC#)
events into MIDI channel 1, regardless of the source track/channel.
- Fixed initial sample-rate settlement on plugin chains for all tracks
and buses whenever a session file original sample-rate differs from the
current audio device engine (ie. JACK).
- New German (de) translation added (by Guido Scholz, thanks).
- Now accepting JACK transport tempo and time-tignature changes while in
slave transport mode.
- Fix ref-count and auto-removal of created files that result from clip
merge/export when session is closed but not saved.
- MIDI track instrument bank/program selection, from plugin UIs that
support it, is now effectively and complete.
- Custom connections for dedicated audio outputs from all plugin chains
in MIDI tracks or buses are back in business, hopefully restored gain on
session load (ticket by yuba, thanks).
- Track Properties dialog now dirty after any plugin related change
(another head-up by yuba, thanks again).
- Tempo Map/Markers dialog is not set initially dirty anymore.
- Audio buses plugin state's persistence were found AWOL: while being
properly saved as usual, were being restored to default on every session
reload (as noticed by yuba, thanks).
- NSM (Non Session Management) support is being introduced.
- The MIDI clip editor (aka. piano-roll) gets a brand new rescale mode:
ctrl+dragging the right edge of a note now rescales all times and
duration of all the subsequent selected notes (after an interesting
idea/ticket by Joel Leclerc, thanks).
- The new MIDI clip editor rescale mode also applicable to event values
(eg. note velocities, pitch-bend), while ctrl+dragging the edges of an
event vertical bar.
- VST plugin (GUI) idle timer makes a comeback.
- Hard-wired LV2 UI selection order for plugins which supply more than
one option (lv2_external_ui gets always honored first then, as provided
via libsuil, X11, GTK and last but not least, Qt4).
Have (lots of) fun.
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc at rncbc.org
More information about the Linux-audio-dev