[LAD] 14-bit CC / (N)RPN midi controllers question

Tim E. Real termtech at rogers.com
Thu Jun 6 21:31:49 UTC 2013

Lacking access to the full midi specs document, I don't know
 if this question is addressed. I've looked at manuals for products
 which support them and searched the web but I don't see a clear
 answer to my question:

Is it safe to assume that a product or app which allows
 binding a *single* HW or GUI control to either 14-bit CC
 or 14-bit (N)RPN, would *always* send the value LSB, even if
 the LSB did not change but the MSB did, when the control moves?

Do the midi specs address this?
Or do you know of examples of such LSB optimizing-out?

Thanks.
Tim.