[LAD] Open-source Band-in-a-Box replacement

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Jun 25 13:40:13 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-06-25 at 15:14 +0200, Michael Niemeck wrote:
> 1) Would there be any demand for such an open source initiative at
> all, or is everyone seriously needing this type of application using
> The Real Thing anyway?

"Band-in-a-Box is so easy to use! Just type in the chords for any song
using standard chord symbols (like C, Fm7, or C13b9), choose the style
you'd like, and Band-in-a-Box does the rest... Band-in-a-Box
automatically generates a complete professional-quality arrangement of
piano, bass, drums, guitar, and strings or horns." -
http://www.pgmusic.com/

I prefer to play everything myself, even if it should become a
completely unprofessional arrangement without any quality, since this
would be the first step to learn how to do a professional arrangement
someday.

If I would like to use such software, then I would prefer to use a libre
and perhaps free as in beer version to this original thingy, but even if
anybody would like to use the original software, we can't do it, there's
no Linux version available.

Since there seems to be a market for such an application, it seems to be
a good idea to program it.

I wish you success!
Ralf