[LAD] Muse - Was: OT: Bitwig beta for Linux reviewed

John Rigg ladev4 at jrigg.co.uk
Sat Mar 9 12:28:20 UTC 2013

On Fri, Mar 08, 2013 at 11:47:52PM +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> The CPU always was and still is an AMD Athlon 64-bit dual-core BE-2350
> 2.1 GHz.
> I'm usually using self-build kernel-rt in the past 2.6.x and today 3.x.

FWIW I've never been able to get an -rt patched kernel to work with
a dual core CPU without xruns and lockups. I've had better results
with standard kernels with pre-emption enabled. I don't use MIDI and I
haven't tried recent -rt patches though, so treat that observation
accordingly.

I think I'd be more likely to blame things like nVidia graphics drivers
and non-standard kernels before making a sweeping criticism of Linux
sequencing software, but maybe that's just me.

John