[LAD] [ALPHA] ladspa.m.lv2 - Some questions :D

Florian Paul Schmidt mista.tapas at gmx.net
Thu May 9 21:25:25 UTC 2013

On 05/09/2013 11:16 PM, David Robillard wrote:
> I do use the worker extension. The only problem I saw was when I tried
> to integrate the patch_set messages in that same loop.
> There shouldn't be a difference.  Assuming that, in the integrated case,
> you're scheduling the exact same work (easy enough to check) nothing
> should be any different, unless something is wrong with the asynchronous
> work stuff and some really fine timing problems are happening...
> everything looks good though, the work stuff shouldn't be affected by /
> affect state...
>
> What kind of problem?

For some reason patch setting didn't work in this case at all. I
sprinkled some debugging output into the code to see what was up. It
seems the load_instrument function never got called. But before putting
any more effort into diagnosing the problem, I'll take your work as to
that it should really work that way, too. I'll just assume that I messed
up somewhere else and see if I can try to widen my understanding of the
worker extension (I basically built this plugin based on the eg-sampler
plugin from the lv2 distribution, so some parts I just copied and pasted
with only minor adjustments)..

Flo

--
Florian Paul Schmidt