[LAD] Call for testing (final): ALSA driver for some firewire devices

Takashi Sakamoto o-takashi at sakamocchi.jp
Fri Feb 14 15:08:38 UTC 2014

 > still no audio is captured, apparently...
 > this card has 16 inputs, maybe I should specify somehow which one
 > should be used?

The aplay/arecord has 'D' option. This option is used to indicate PCM
device.
When you omit this option, 'default' PCM device is used.

In system with PulseAudio, 'default' PCM device is set as input/output
from/to PulseAudio.
I guess you record from PulseAudio, not directly from your device.

Would you test with 'D' option? Like:
  $ arecord -D hw:UFX1604 -c 16 -f S32_LE -r 44100 /tmp/test.wav

Thanks

Takashi Sakamoto
o-takashi at sakamocchi.jp