[LAD] Releasing source code is not enough, I think...

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Jan 26 19:37:19 UTC 2014

On 01/25/2014 07:55 AM, hermann meyer wrote:

> Debian didn't support downgrade, but they provide way's to do it. (dpkg)
> Running sid, makes it necessary from time to time to downgrade some
> apps/libs.

if your only requirement for *grading is replacing some files, removing
some others and installing yet another set, then `dpkg` can do this
nicely. (and ubuntu fully inherits the merits of dpkg).

unfortunately, *grading is often more than that.
just think of files created by the application that has to be readable
by another version of the same application.

gamd
IOhannes