[LAD] [paul at linuxaudiosystems.com: [Jack-Devel] jackaudio.org website shut down due to hacking]

michael noble looplog at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 00:56:43 UTC 2014

On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 5:00 AM, Adrian Knoth <adi at drcomp.erfurt.thur.de>
wrote:

> I'm sure there must be users out there who are familiar with web stuff
> and are burning to help their favourite inter-application audio
> framework. ;)
>
> Step up, please.

Well I certainly fit that description. I'm somewhat familiar with Drupal,
having worked with versions 4 through 7, and would love to help if
possible, but I'm hesitant to commit to something as I am somewhat time
constrained. Keep in mind I'm not a web pro, I'm a humble textbook editor
by trade. I'm also sensing some hesitance to stay with Drupal on your and
Paul's behalf. Ultimately my biggest question is how the attack happened.
Drupal does run quite securely on some very high profile sites, so I guess
the first step to fixing things if Drupal is retained is figuring out what
went wrong. If the issue is locking down the server, then long term it may
be more productive to avoid having to maintain a server at all and go with
github pages as suggested, effectively outsourcing security issues
entirely. Another thing to keep in mind is that with version 8, Drupal is
set to undergo some quite deep changes that as far as I can tell will make
it far less suited to a casually maintained site. So again, long term,
Drupal may not be the best solution.

So with those caveats in mind, if no one else steps up, and no other
solution is agreed upon, I'll cautiously put my hand up.