[LAD] C++ guide

Reuben Martin reuben.m at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 20:35:28 UTC 2014

On Saturday, June 14, 2014 05:42:07 PM Will Godfrey wrote:
> Thanks a lot for the suggestions everyone.
>
> I thought it best to start with a quick skim through Harry's first
> suggestion. (Oddly I'd never found that site with search engines). Well I
> pretty quickly slowed down! There is a lot I'd missed out on by just
> pecking around here and there :(
>
> Once I've made my way through that, I'll decide what to select for further
> bed-time reading.

That learncpp site is very well written for a concise overview. I thought I
had a good grasp on syntax and semantics, but when you develop coding habits,
you start to forget about functionality that you don't commonly use.

I'm about 3/4 of the way though that site myself and really recommend it. Even
if a lot of it seems like review, you will find things you forgot, or were
never aware of.

-Reuben