[LAD] Open Source to be or not to be?

Stéphane Letz letz at grame.fr
Mon Jun 30 21:13:06 UTC 2014

> Message: 17
> Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 15:32:37 +0000
> From: Fons Adriaensen <fons at linuxaudio.org>
> To: linux-audio-dev at lists.linuxaudio.org
> Subject: Re: [LAD] Open Source to be or not to be?
>
> On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 04:02:20PM +0200, hermann meyer wrote:
>
>> PLease, Fons, if you found more Bugs, or have any issue with the way
>> we implement parts of your work, let me know. I'm all open !
>
> The four T60 controls are supposed to be log as well.
> And please get rid of that silly little slider named
> 'Freq X'.
>

> Another matter: starting guitarix without Jack running produces
> an empty black 'Jack Starter' window. No matter what I do next
> will crash X11.
>

> --
> FA
>
> A world of exhaustive, reliable metadata would be an utopia.
> It's also a pipe-dream, founded on self-delusion, nerd hubris
> and hysterically inflated market opportunities. (Cory Doctorow)

Interesting discussion... ((-;

It would be great if the corrected zita-rev1 Faust version goes back in the Faust distribution at some point….

Fons, you know what?  the Faust zita-rev1 version  (still old one of course..) now even runs in the web, automagically compiled in asm.js  (http://asmjs.org) using latest faust2 git version and running at acceptable speed in recent browsers like Firefox or Chrome (still some issues here…) :

http://faust.grame.fr/www/zita_rev1.html

Is it  interesting? a way to promote open-source DSP code? who knows...

Stéphane