[LAD] Open Source to be or not to be?

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Mon Jun 30 21:58:43 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 11:13:06PM +0200, Stéphane Letz wrote:

> Fons, you know what?  the Faust zita-rev1 version  (still old
> one of course..) now even runs in the web, automagically compiled
> in asm.js  (http://asmjs.org) using latest faust2 git version
> and running at acceptable speed in recent browsers like Firefox
> or Chrome (still some issues here…) :

And what's the point of running a concert hall reverb in a web
browser ? Providing a new 'business model' for audio engineering ?
With some advertising around it and Google reaping the benifits
and diverting them to some low tax island inhabitated by the
stinking rich and their imported household slaves ? If that is
the future of open source software, I'll step out. Or is it some
form of masturbation for IT engineers who have nothing better to
do ? Or are they too stupid to grok what's going on ?

Ciao,

--
FA